Alarm is generated and no wining noise when connecting in Makerverse

I opened Makerverse 1.1.2 and then clicked opened but didn't hear the wining noise I normally do to let me know the machine is connected. I see an alarm icon is generated. I can unlock and try to jog the M2 but noting happens. I am not sure what happened. My M2 was cutting fine the day before. I noticed the black power cable's blue light is not on. I wonder if the cord is bad. Anybody have ideas. Is there a way to tell why the Alarm is being generated?

• Does the alarm also list any details? Also, what order are you connecting to your computer? I have read that you should connect the data cable prior to plugging in the M2. I can see lights on the M2 when only the data cable is connected (before I switch on the power cable). Are you seeing the same thing?

• The alarm doesn't list details. I called support and we determined that it might be the power cord. The blue light on the power box is not lit when plugged in. I am going to get a new power cord and see if that is the reason the motors are not humming. I am not sure if the power box was burned out. I was running the router, a shop vac, and the M2 all from one power strip. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. How do you power all of your devices?

• I have my M2, computer and a vacuum on the same surge protector. The router is on a different plug, but same circuit. I did buy a brand new surge protector to try and keep down any chances from over drawing the voltage. Maybe that is helping? I hope the new power supply is the answer for you.

• So it was the power cord that had gone bad. No power means the motors were not powered up. Thank you to Joel in support in helping me out.

Login or Signup to post a comment