Accuracy

I have been given a Maslow CNC, with no upgrades. The work I do needs to use the full sheet. So when the sled reaches the far bottom corners left or right the sled loses accuracy, because the angle is not great enough on the chain directly above to pull it tight against the opposing chain. Can I try adding weight? Change out the top bar to the 12' bar? Do yall have other suggestions? Thank you

• Hey Adam, the original Maslow has issues with accuracy in the corners. It's one of the limitations to the design. Adding a 12ft top beam and 15ft chains will help make the accuracy better though! You will also have to raise the 12ft beam about 6 inches.

Here's a great explanation of why from the Maslow forum!

• Thank you for this.

• Hi Adam, I would like to know if you have solved your accuracy issue ? I also need to cut full sheets of plywood for a 20 feet plywood boat (architect sell CAD files). So as I don't want a submarine I'm interested to know which accuracy I can get with the M2 + XL frame ? And how easy it was to calibrate ?

Thank you !

• Sadlly I have not touch the machine in 6 months. We were trying really hard to get it up and running but ran out of time. Hopefully next year we will be able to get it working.  If you do get it going, please let me know. 

• Thank you for your feedback ! have a good day

Login or Signup to post a comment

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Start a new topic